I had the time on Wednesday (2 Mar 2011) to keg my Witbier, so I hustled up the equipment, sanitized it, and kegged that baby … Here are a couple of pictures of the “transfer process.” You can see some suds in the 3rd picture — that’s my sanitizer residue …
It really cleared up well … of course, it’s been in secondary fermentation since early February (February 10th). So, from 23 Jan until 2 Mar in the fermentor — 38 days in the fermentor … at a temp of approx 68 degrees. You can see the final gravity in this picture:
With correction … I read a F.G. of 1.010 at 68 degrees … that corrects to 1.010. So, with the O.G. of 1.051, I ended up with about 5.3% ABV. My mash efficiency was around 72% … I may have mashed too quickly. The attenuation was about 63% … may have had something to do with my yeast age.
You can see my CO2 cartridge here — it is a 20 oz paintball tank — works great! I’ve got two that I swap out, but they both last a long time. You can see in the 3rd picture that I’ve got the pressure kicked up and am force carbonating it in the fridge. I just had a sample today–it is carbonated nicely … I’ll probably leave it at that pressure for another day or so and then move it down. I’ll post a couple of final beer photos. And, as usual, there’s always some clean up to do!