Sorry for the hiatus on the blog update. You may have noticed the one I just posted on top places to drink beer. This is to complete my 180 beers in 180 days effort. I decided to extend it to 250 beers in 250 days. If you have been following the blog, you will note that I stopped at 243. However, I did finish out to 250. Here are the last 7 beers (for your viewing edification)!
244. (4 Jul 10) Orion Draft Beer – We had this at our local sushi place. We stopped here for lunch on the 4th. Nice to have a Japanese beer on our National Holiday! Ha. It wasn’t very good … but it quenched my thirst!
245. (5 Jul 10) Rolling Rock – Two mediocre beer days in a row. I can’t remember now why I had to have this beer on this day … I think it was the best available selection. Sad. I know.
246. (6 Jul 10) Chatoe Rogue – Ok, now, here we go! The beers are getting better again. This one was simply a treat–I always like to see the efforts brewers make in using the freshest hops — this beer is a solid drinker.
247. (7 Jul 10) Heavy Seas Mutiny Fleet Rye Porter. This beer, too, was a very nice drinker. Two dark beers in a row, two nice beers in a row (you can see my early season hops drying in the container). I really liked this beer … no real style but excellent none-the-less.
248. (8 Jul 10) James’ Imperial Walker IPA. No rating on this baby! I made this imperial IPA (post coming soon) out of my own hops. 9.1% ABV — can’t really tell what the profile is. But it is good if I do say so myself! LOL!
249. (9 Jul 10) 21st Amendment IPA. These can beers just strike me as strange. I picked up several cans for our Tubing of the Shenandoah expedition on 17 July. Of course, I couldn’ t wait. I’m glad I didn’t. This is a very nice IPA.
250. (10 Jul 10) Gubna Imperial IPA. Yep. Couldn’t wait again. Had another can of beer. But I thought it would be a good idea to finish out my 25o straight beers with an Imperial IPA. This one worked out great. Nice balance, good finish. Worth the effort to find and drink!