As a reminder, this list is my effort to complete the All About Beer Magazine’s “Growler List.” 125 best places in the world to have a beer.
From the summary — see my earlier post for explanation:
Total (actual) places visited: 70. A few years ago, my brothers and my best friend joined me in Europe for a 2 week beer swing. Not sure I posted about that, but here are a few random photos from that trip …
3) U Fleku (Prague, Czech Rep) … great place … nice “ambience” … yeah, i was without luggage for a few days …
6) Augustiner Keller (Munich, Germany) … my brother and I hit this as one of the last places before he had to depart the country. Worth a stop in warm weather. 🙂
28) Zum Uerige (Dusseldorf, Germany). Too commercialized now … there are other Altbier locations to visit that have great beer and decent service. It was quite active though!
37) Atelier am Dom (Cologne, Germany). Views — spectacular! Beer — pretty good. Highly recommend.
41) Blues Bar (Stone Town, Zanzibar). [This place was closed so I substituted Mercury’s … you can see the old Blues Bar in the distance] I took this photo from Mercury’s patio.
61) Krcma (Ceske Krumlov, Czech Rep). The food was good … beer was Ok. locale was spectacular!
68) Gösser Bierklinik (Vienna, Austria). Hard to argue about a place that’s been there for hundreds of years.
73) Schlenkerla Brewery Tavern (Bamberg, Germany). Whoa! That smoked beer … amazing! The town is fantastic too.
77) Die Weisse (Salzburg, Austria). An interesting stop as we were passing through the country.
78) Halve Maan Brewery (Brugge, Belgium). Yep, six years ago I was there on my birthday. They almost spelled my name right! But it was a great tour, great beer, great location. Did I say it was great?
90. Cantillon Brewery and Gueuze Museum (Brussels, Belgium). Wow, wow. and wow. Highly recommend a sto here. wow.