I’ve had my Imperial Walker IPA on tap now for about 6 weeks … and I’m underwhelmed to say the least. Don’t get me wrong … this is a good beer … it’s just not great. I used both my homegrown hops AND the hops I brought back from my visit to Belgium. I think I picked my homegrown hops to early last year and they just didn’t have the alpha acid to give them the kick I wanted.
This is a balanced (high octane) beer … it just doesn’t have the hops kick I was expecting. It is actually over 9% ABV … so it is an Imperial … it needed more kick from the hops. Here are some pictures of the transfer from secondary fermentation to kegging. Notice the picture that shows the final gravity … yes… I had an excellent mash efficiency (78.2%) and a great attenuation (82.2%) … OG was 1.082 and FG was 1.013. Wow.
Oh … and check out the “spent hops” picture … I did dry hop this beer … and, although (as I stated earlier) it didn’t come out quite how I wanted it to, the spent hops still looked great! Great effect … just not great results! Oh well … it is still a very nice beer when I come home from work! Next brew: A Wit Bier!